Sunday, November 15, 2009

Litvinov sprints

What a great and simple idea....Litvinov sprints. In a tiny nutshell you pick a 'big' lift, i.e. Deadlift, Front squat, Overhead squat, etc. do 8 reps then sprint around 200-400 meters. Fully recover, about 3-5 minutes and repeat 3 times.

Piece of non-Paleo cake, huh?

Except it's hard. Fucking hard.
I used the rower because of my running issues and 200M for the sprints. My lift was Front squats.

After the first round it didn't seem too horrible. I changed my tune by the end. Now, I have only done this once and it will be interesting to see how it would feel with Deadlifts because you're not using your quads.

I tried to go with a weight that put me near failure by the 8th rep. My 1RM for FS is 130# last time I checked(honestly, if I checked it today I'm sure it would be a weee bit less) so I used 85#. In retrospect maybe I could have done 90# but I really didn't want to get stuck in the down position.

I'll tell ya, by the last round my right leg was literally shaking every time I came up.
I loved this workout. Of course I was laying in a pool of my own sweat and vomit by the end. Which is mandatory, right?

A little side note, here....
And I can do this because it's MY blog....to the jerk who called me butch, referring to my hair....you suck.

Girls with short hair rock :p

2 comments:

  1. I told you these suck... I'm doing mine today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Have fun. I can't wait to try them with a different lift.

    ReplyDelete