Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Grace and snatches

Man, yesterday was a day. Started off terrible.

So, it had nowhere to go but up.

I'm feeling a wee bit more comfortable at my job *knocks wood*
I'll probably kill someone today....

Anyway, first on the agenda was Snatches 2,2, 1, 1@95%1RM
35, 45, 50, 55
Felt good, no complaints

Next up, Grace

Here comes the little story preceding my metcon results......

The last(and only)time I did Grace was a few months ago with 55lbs. AND I only did cleans. Wait, what??? Don't ask, I have no idea why. I did it with Nikki in NY.
We are blaming Jay.
So, it took me 3:30 that time.
Last night I loaded the bar with 75#
With some trepidation, I'll admit.
After 8 reps I knew there was no way.
I was tempted to pull 10# off the bar and fly through it. But I didn't.
I pulled off 5# and finished with 70#
Time 6:14

I was pissed for a few minutes. I did not get sub 5 and I didn't even do it with 75lbs.

SO WHAT??!!??!!

I did it better than I did last time.

THAT is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. damn right, that is all that matters. :) good work, Amy.

    ReplyDelete