Friday, September 24, 2010

Squats and car pushing

What's not a great thing to do on the morning of a squat day?

Push your piece of shit car because it died on the damn highway....ugh

Anyway.. 5x5 squats today @ 120lbs  Last set at 130lbs
I lost a lot of strength in these lately. From not enough sleep, food, training....

I had been doing these at 155lbs. Ah well, nowhere to go but up...

 Front squats
5@95
3@105
3@115

These felt good.

Quick metcon

5, 10, 15 Wallballs
15, 10, 5 KBS@45lbs

Short but not sweet

3 comments:

  1. John, it's 'metabolic conditioning.'
    i.e., cardio :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All athletes sooner or later face the situation when they do not see any visible changes in their shape anymore. The latest research has lit the light over this problem. Muscle growth is impossible without the muscle damage. Microtraumas which we get after the trainings eventually enforce the cells division and overall increase of the muscle volume. I have read an interesting article by nutritional reseachers at Military Grade Nutritionals Company. It is available here militarygradenutritionals.com/blog
    They wrote about the special products, which prevent the unwanted changes in the muscle tissue, therefore preventing DOMS and fighting so called muscle plateaus. Already tried it several times. At first I was not sure if it was the product’s action or I just have trained less), but after my second training all doubts just went away. It really eased my recovery – almost no soreness! I feel that I can train harder, gaining more results than ever before!

    ReplyDelete